Friday, January 8, 2010

Usb Irda Adapter Can I Link These With IRdA? I Think I Can, But Not Sure.?

Can I link these with IRdA? I think I can, but not sure.? - usb irda adapter

That may be a stupid question, but I want to be sure that the adapter before buying an infrared. I have a Thinkpad 760XL w / Win95 and 166MHz, 32MB RAM, and a generic IrDA port. When I have a USB-IrDA adapter to buy for my PC running XP, your laptop could connect to my PC, right? Sorry if anyone thinks that this seemingly obvious question is a waste of time: (

1 comment:

ngufra said...

You can communicate the two, but what you send or receive?
IrDA is a serial interface. The speed is say in general very slow compared to WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. It was very popular 10 years ago when you synchronize your Palm Pilot with 512 KB of RAM, but today, with devices with large amounts of data, It is not fast enough to be unusable.
The speed limit is usually 115 kbit / s, although some devices speeds up to 16 Mbit / s

There are people who are red (IR Irish) and all kinds of funky things, but easy to use, well supported, blue tooth, I would if I were you.

Post a Comment